Monday, November 29, 2010

Please Mr. Postman, bring me my TREADMILL~!

So this year, Santa isn't bringing us some cool shoes, a new Coach handbag ( though I really really want one) or some great jewelry. Nope, this year we decided to finally invest in a top of the line treadmill. My Honey is a great researcher. She looked everywhere and found a new 2011 model Nordic Track. This baby has it all, 20 different workouts, iFit live compatible cardio grip heart monitor...everything. There was a time, a few years ago, when I lost 141 lbs, that I lived on the treadmill. I had to drive everyday to Golds Gym, and pay to use the thing. The ones' there were nothing like the big girl we're getting lemme tell you that. But here's the deal, I got on it and LIKED it. I started out just doing 15 minutes and worked up to 5 miles a day. The sense of accomplishment was amazing. For the first and ONLY time in my life did I understand what others meant by, getting the "High" from working out. It really IS a euphoric feeling. The best part is, only YOU can do it. You don't need anyone else to do it, just do it. Along with the treadmill, I asked Santa for a jump rope, pedometer, sports watch and a few other little things. The bulk of what I'm getting is sports related and THAT in itself, is a miracle. The only sport I participate in now, is shopping. Hell, I don't even have to leave my home to do that anymore. I'm ready. I've been ready. This IS my time. I have my one BIG goal, my daughter's wedding this coming May. I refuse to look like crap at her wedding. I refuse to look at her wedding pictures and be disgusted at myself, KNOWING I could have done something about it. This IS my time. Friday is payday and I will once again, join Weight Watchers online. I'm so darn busy I don't have time for meetings. Maybe one day I'll switch and go to them, but for now, this makes sense. Big changes are coming...I'm already eating smaller portions so my body won't be in shock. Eating better, eating healthier is part of it. I KNOW from past experience, I HAVE to move and I HAVE to do it everyday. So that being said, Mr. Postman, bring me my damn treadmill!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment