Tuesday, November 23, 2010

To scale or not to scale...

I hear about people who say they do NOT live by the scale. I'm not one of them. I weigh myself ALL the time. I can't help it. I know they ( who is They anyways?) say you should only weigh yourself once a week, but I can't go that long. I have gained up to 4 LBS in a weekend binge before. That would devastate me. If I get up and SEE that I lost a pound, or like today, 6 ounces, I feel I accomplished something. It WAS worth it. If I see I gained, then I have to go over what I ate. Yesterday, I know for sure, I didn't drink all my water. Today will be better. I know I can't' do the scales forever, and there will come a day, when I don't have to weigh myself 2 or 3 times a day. For now, I need to see those numbers, I need to SEE what my body is doing. Oddly, when I DO loose, even if it's just 6 ounces, I swear I can see it. The same goes for when I've gained a pound or two, I feel VERY fat. I feel like a total looser and I'm sure everyone else can see it as well. I have far to go with this emotional mind fucking called weigh loss. It's an emotional roller coaster for sure. Today, I feel like it's going to be a good day, and for now, that's the best I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment